Saturday, August 25, 2012

Date night, all nighters, and cooking

Why on earth am I up this late at night?! It is currently 3:53AM where I am and the house is quiet and I am wide awake. I am cooking a 10lb pork butt right now for diner tonight, yummy! Problem is...it takes 10+hours to cook i and I had to star cooking it at 3AM. It better be good!
 
Last night, DH and I went on a HOTT date! We left the kids with a sitter (child swapping, we are watching their little one tonight) and DH and I went and saw a movie and had dinner.
 
We saw The Dark Knight Rises, the third and final movie in The Batman trilogy. Amazing! Christopher Nolan, the director, did a fantastic job.
Then after the movie we went to a nice steakhouse and enjoyed dinner without interruptions or tears. I love my kids and sometimes its good to have a break from them; it rejuvenates my relationship with them and more importantly my relationship with DH.
 
We got back to the sitters and DD was soooo excited to see her daddy that she ran right past me. But, DS was pretty happy to see me.
 
And here I am now cooking a pork butt. My eyes are heavy so I am probably going to pass out soon!
 
Oh yay! The timer just beeped for the pork, not sure what the next step is in cooking but hopefully I can sleep for a bit soon.
 
 My loves.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment